Tuesday 3 May 2011

SOCIETY OF WOMEN ARTISTS

Tonight, when I got home from work, 1. Mom burned my pizza (I know I sound about 15 here but honestly I wish I was. 15 is a very very long time ago), 2. Royal Mail had taken my new book on Pre-Raphaelite drawing back to its delivery depot, which means walking up there on Thursday to collect and 3. there was a letter waiting from the SWA. I could hardly bear to open it. But when I did I was over the moon - my drawing 'Long Mossy Tree' has been accepted for the 150th Celebration Open Exhibition , to be held at the Mall Galleries, London, from 1st to 9th July 2011.

I really can't express how proud I am to have a piece accepted for this exhibtion. There are some stunning and exceptional pieces on their website, and the Society goes back all the way to 1855, when it was founded. Prestigious company indeed.


Latest work in progress on Secret Dancer. I was a bit down about this yesterday, I'm making much slower progress than I'd hoped, and I'm finding it difficult to pull something coherent out of the shadows, despite my preparation. But oh well, I've gone too far with it now to give up.



A sketch I made a couple of weeks ago of a cat that visits our garden to doze in the sunshine amongst last year's leaves.

No comments: