Sunday 5 February 2012

Thoughts of Spring

Despite the wintry weather today my thoughts have been of spring. I've begun a new drawing based on a photograph I took a couple of years ago...


I made a 30 second sketch to remind myself of how I want to interpret the light and shade in the image, plus a few notes to remind myself of a theme I intend to pursure over the next year or so...


...of fenced in spaces, nature held in check behind a grid of gate or netting. Though nothing really holds nature in check, she will always get her own way in the end.


I've had this theme in mind since last year and took a few photo's in preparation. There's a fence at the bottom of my more advanced work in progress. I feel like I've been working on this one for half my life. The pine needles have been a real headache. Aptly, post Christmas.

No comments: