Thursday 13 June 2013

CLIMBING A TREE ON RADIO 4

I've somehow managed to do a bit of everything today. Started the day with a few garden jobs that needed doing (a list that replenishes itself so frequently the Grimm brothers could have written it) then managed to do a little work on these 2 new pieces in progress. The first is called Big Rock...


I'm working in layers on this piece, I began with a sketch on greaseproof paper, then several tracings, then cut out a stencil and worked with airbrush, then pen and ink, then a quick glaze of watercolour and acrylic ink.



I don't have a name for this second piece, but I quite like the juxtaposition of arbrushed area with pen and ink.  I really would like to explore this approach more.  G says it's quite Japanese and I agree.

One of my favourite nature writers was on Radio 4 today.  Claire Balding was joined in her Ramblings by Robert Macfarlane who climbed a tree and explored some graffiti. I've never climbed a tree.  It's on my list of to dos though.  Along with everything else Messrs Grimm and Grimm keep adding.

And whilst I post this I'm listening to Count Arthur, in which he goes on a tour bus and visits a library!  Sounds like a perfect day to me.

No comments: