Monday 5 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 

These are the first drawings I've made in 2015. 

I've been looking at ACEO's (Artist's Cards Editions and Originals). This tiny format for various media and styles of art started life as ATC's (Artist's Trading Cards) - small playing card sized pieces made originally to swap with other artists. They developed into ACEO's which can be sold as collectable pieces, both in the form of prints or original pieces. 

They can be found on sale at Ebay and Etsy. I've been experimenting with making pieces to this format 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches in size. 


It's my little project for the new year. My first pieces are a way of thinking myself out of the post-Christmas gloom and groping towards those first bright torches of late winter - snowdrops. 


Brutal as the stars of this month,
Her pale head heavy as metal.  (Ted Hughes)


No comments: