Thursday 8 January 2015

NEW PROJECTS

I've been experimenting with ACEO format again today.  I quite like the compact size, in the same way that I used to like compact poetry.  It gives you the opportunity to be both obsessive and/or brief, whichever the spirit takes you.

I made a few drawings of a Christmas Pointsettia 4 years ago, and really enjoyed exploring the textures and blousiness (word?) of the Pointsettia leaf shapes with a fineliner.




This year I bought another Pointsettia, a lovely peachy coloured one from Webbs of Wychbold, with the aim of drawing it. 

So these tiny experiments are the first drawings I've made of it.




I also made a quick (half hour or so) study of my winter work coat.  I managed to kick myself up the unmentionable at last and began a project I have been ruminating over since the autumn.  More on that if I ever, when I ever, dot dot dot.


No comments: