Saturday 30 April 2011

PROGRESS AND PRE-RAPHAELITES...

...and the Royal Wedding of course. I'm not really a monarchist but I watched every minute of it yesterday with Mum, and I think it was pretty special. Anything that cheers a gloomy nation up can't be half bad.




I've finished 'untitled' in all but name. I can't think what to call it at all.

Continued progress on Secret Dancer...



...and something new...



I've actually progressed quite a bit more on Secret Dancer but despite the Bank Holidays (which I was desperate for) I still can't find the time to do all the things I want to do...including relax, which I really NEED to do.

I did however get to the Pre-Raphaelite Drawing exhibition at Gas Hall. I loved this excellent exhibition, despite the slightly confusing layout and presentation being not quite as slick as it could have been. It was fantastic seeing the famous names alongside the not so famous ones. It was nice to see John Brett's work again (The Barber Institute's exhibition Objects of Affection was wonderful last year), and quirky moments like Dante Gabriel's drawing of Christina Rossetti throwing a temper tantrum. Christina Rossetti is one of my poetry hero's. A new name for me is Simeon Solomon, I wish I'd seen the retrospective held at the Gas hall in 2006. There was a fantastic pen and ink drawing by him which I really loved and got totally lost in, one of those moments when I wished I could climb up the wall and disappear into the picture.

No comments: