Sunday 1 August 2010

SUNFLOWERS AND SONGBIRDS


It's becoming ever difficult to keep up my creative work while working full-time, work on polishing my novel ground to a halt back in March and my artwork is a bare trickle. I began a new drawing about 6 weeks ago and this is as far as I've gotten with it.


My problems of concentration and motivation (and exhaustion) are so difficult to overcome at the moment that I've turned the drawing upside down and am drawing the foliage in this topsy turvy fashion in an attempt to, I don't know, spark SOMETHING.


At least I managed to produce a sunflower from the seeds I planted back in March. I mistakenly bought the giant variety instead of the dwarf kind, and then read that these aren't suitable for container planting. I started off with about 10 plants, and these have dwindled down to 6 (4 eaten away 2 mysteriously snapped in two overnight), 4 of which show signs of blooming. This one is beautiful though, thankfully.

2 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

That is pretty. Such rich colours. I've not grown sunflowers in years. They're fun.

I'm on the lack of creative wave as well it seems. I don't have a good excuse like working though. I'm just stuck.

Kay said...

Nice to hear from you PC. Time is precious. I feel like one of the bees or hoverflies mining the golddust at the heart of the sunflower at the moment. Regarding creative blocks though - sometimes you just have to be a bit relaxed about it, and given time, it will come. Best wishes.