Tuesday 11 May 2010

Bye bye New Labour...

...hello new pragmatism...

I'm not political at all, but I've found the last few days quite exciting, despite the fact that I have horrible fear that we're in for a rocky ride with our new 'cut until you drop' coalition. Gordon Brown's speech this evening was certainly dignified and quite moving. But finding politics exciting? I must be getting old.

I've finished my tree piece...


Don't have a title for it yet though.


I saw a flyer today for new exhibitions at Walsall Art Gallery. I'm ashamed to say I've never been to the new (as new as New Labour - well nearly. Incredibly Walsall Art Gallery is 10 years old this year) art gallery, but I'd like to see the exhibition by Adam Dant, his complex Piranesi style ink drawings look fantastic.

No comments: